I have indeed make a goal list for this new year. I will add smaller goals for each new quarter but these are the goals I have made for myself this year. I want to put them down here on my blog as to make myself more accountable. I can truly say this past year has found me being a huge slacker. I failed in almost every goal I made for myself. This year, my #1 goal is to accomplish my goals. I know. You will believe it when it happens. At least that is what my inner demons whisper in my ear. I just need to ignore them and succeed in my endeavors.
So without further ado here are my goals for 2019.
1. I will lose at least fifty pounds.
2. I will finish “Wild Grows The Rose”.
3. I will begin blogging weekly again.
4. I will save money to take my Mom home to Illinois.
5. I will improve my credit score.
6. I will redo the outline for Tales of The Cat’s Eye Gang to prepare for the rewrite.
7. I will update my website.
8. I will clean out and re-organize my stuff.
9. I will go through all of my mother’s possessions and disperse it to its appropriate place.
10. I will start going to church.
11. I will decide whether to fix my car or replace it.
There it is. I started number nine this past week and so far I have shredded two and a half bags of paper. This was just in the file cabinet. This week I will tackle the remaining boxes of saved paperwork, bills, and oddities that my Mom never threw out. Yes, she was a hoarder. More of clothes but she also never threw out a piece of mail. She was afraid she would throw away something important and so saved everything. When I packed her apartment up when she entered the nursing home we were in a bit of a rush so it all just got packed and stored in my brother’s garage. To say I am not looking forward to listening to my old shredder bemoan its life as it gets fed over four years worth of paperwork is putting it lightly.
I am also getting the weekly blog rolling again so I can say that I have begun to actualize this goal as well. I am going to tackle cleaning out my dresser drawers in making goal number eight. By the time I am done if I haven’t worn or used it in the past year it will be history. I will be frequently making runs to the closest Goodwill and Salvation Army.
Let me know what some of your goals for the year ahead in the comments. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to my blog to get each new post. I hope this year you love fully and laugh often.